If you’re thinking about replacing windows in your home in the near future, one of your top considerations will be the timing concerns associated with this job. Window installation should be done professionally for the highest quality protection for your home, but the time this will take depends on a few important factors.
At Peach Building Products, we offer a wide range of window replacement products for all your potential needs here. What are some of the factors at play in how long it will take to install any new windows, and what are some tips we can offer on preparing for this installation to make it as smooth and convenient as possible? Let’s take a look.
Order Placement and Timing
For starters, you need to consider how long it will take for any new window products you order to arrive. This may vary based on the time of year, the kind of windows you want, the quantity you require and any customization being performed. All of our window products at Peach Building Products are custom sized and made to the specification of your home. You may find the size you need in our showroom or it may take only a few days for some sizes. However, for large orders it could take anywhere from three to ten weeks to receive from our suppliers so it is a good idea to order your windows well in advance
Some general tips and information on what will happen in advance of your window installation to ensure everything goes smoothly:
- Assuming you’ve hired a contractor to assist you, the field supervisor on your job will visit your home and take precise measurements for your new window needs. They will also create a list of materials their team will need for the installation. We also provide insta
- If anything is required of you specifically prior to installation of your windows it will be included in the sales contract.
- When your order arrives, a support team member will call you to schedule installation.
Installation Day and Moving Forward
Some general themes to be aware of for the installation day and beyond:
- Generally speaking, you can expect installation to take roughly 30-60 minutes per window being installed.
- The crew will both remove the previous window and any debris in the area, plus install the new window. The home will be left completely clean afterwards.
- The crew leader will perform a final walkthrough when the job is done, ensuring each window has been installed properly and securely.
- You will be asked to sign a completion certificate or a similar document, one that allows you to note any concerns if needed.
- In most cases, you’ll also receive a customer satisfaction survey in the coming days from your contractor, either via paper mail or email.
For more on the timing considerations and details that come with window replacement, or to learn about any of our windows, entry doors or other products, speak to the staff at Peach Building Products today.